Saturday 2 August 2014

CISO Planning

I just spent several days out in beautiful Alberta, for work.  I spent about a day and a half in our Calgary office and about a day and a half in gorgeous Kananaskis country working with our Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and other leaders on our team.
The first part of the visit was to connect with folks I work with in the Calgary office.  When you work from Toronto, it is so nice to actually be in the same room with your colleagues from time-to-time.  Two guys were even up from the Houston office.
The second part of the visit was to sit with my colleagues and do a three year plan for our IT Risk team.  It was a great experience and I have to say that those guys are the greatest to work with.  The collaboration was amazing.  We managed to hammer out our vision, the mandate and the principles and strategies.  We even presented it to our Chief Information Officer (CIO) on the second day and with a few tweaks, we were all in agreement.
We  now have some work to do, of course,  Each of the six strategies were assigned to someone who is to now come up with a charter and flesh out the ideas.  This will be the busiest part!
I will lead the charge for strengthening and expanding our IT Risk Management service.  This may sound boring, but I’m quite looking forward to it!  My challenge is that we are meeting with our CISO in three weeks and I’m on vacation for more than half of it!  Yikes!

So, I guess that I have a lot of work to do and then I’ll be on the phone a bit, while vacationing in the Isle of Man.  Oh well, it needs to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment