Sunday 5 April 2015

Rejoice! Rejoice!

Easter Sunday, Christ has risen!  Rejoice! Rejoice!
On this lovely April 5th, we rejoice and sing hallelujah, for the risen Christ!  We look at the rebirth of the earth here in Canada as we say goodbye to winter and hello to spring and the beautiful colors that represent that rebirth.  My crocuses are not yet showing in the yard, but my faith, like my faith in God, knows that they will come in their own time.
I pray that this lovely Easter Sunday finds everyone well.  It’s hard to believe that we are over three months into 2015, when I can hardly believe that it is 2015.  Time is flying by, but things are still getting done, work continues, and families move ahead doing all of their own things.
We had a nice little Easter dinner yesterday.  My oldest daughter is here for the weekend, which is nice and yesterday her stepsister Victoria and Victoria’s boyfriend Shavoy were here for dinner, so just the five of us, including Cavan and I.  Cavan did a delicious roast of beef on the smoker and I did a chicken in the oven.  Victoria brought a cute little bunny cake and we each had loads of calories to be worked off starting today!
Today, we have a bit of work to do.  Alysse brought some of her clothes to tailor.  She has lost more than 30 pounds and we have some adjusting to do!  I used to do a lot of sewing some years ago, but haven’t done much for a while.  I think I shall be able to take in a few pairs of pants!

So, I wish everyone their own rebirth as we continue into 2015.  Everyone has their own challenges in their life and my prayer is that we can all get through them and move on to the next one.  We will never be without challenges, so we must remember that God never gives us more than we can handle. So, we can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment