Sunday 13 September 2015

Rejoice!

Good Sunday morning everyone!  It’s a dull and cool day here in the lovely little town of Cobourg.  A perfect day for curling up with a good book.  The grass and the flowers need the rain that is falling on and off, so it’s all good.
I am rejoicing for something pretty small, but none-the-less, it’s kind of big for me.  I got a royalty check this week!  Wahoo!   Okay, so it’s only $2.18 (US!), but it means that someone went to the bother of buying one of my books.  That makes me very  happy!!  Of course, the ultimate would be to sell enough to retire on, but it’s worth rejoicing over the small stuff.
I have the Toronto Word on the Street coming up on September 27th and I am looking forward to the event.  Perhaps a few more sales!  I am staying very positive.  Quite frankly, although I don’t go to many of these events, I do enjoy them.  I love meeting other bibliophiles in general.  Unlike the Toronto Book Fair I was at last year, there are some really good deals to be had at this event.  I have only attended a few times, but it truly is an event worth attending.
For those of you in Toronto and the surrounding area, please come to the event, if you can.  This is the first time that small-time authors, like me, are able to have tables.  So, it will be a great event--everything from the big folks like Amazon, right down to the little folks like me, will be there.  If you do come, please pop by and visit (or even buy a book or two!).  I’ll be in the KidStreet indoor area.
There will also be a few authors at this event.  Quite a few, as a matter of fact.   You  may get to meet some authors you have only known through their work.  There is also free stuff being handed out--bookmarks, magazines, etc.  I am hoping for good weather that Sunday, as most of the tables are outside.  They are under tent awnings, but none-the-less, it is better with good weather.
Of course, for those of you who cannot attend, you may find my books here:  www.animalsofthebible.com or even on my own site www.janetkwarren.com.
So, happy Sunday to everyone and may God be with you as you go through this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment