Monday 12 October 2015

Thanksgiving

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!  I was going to write a whining blog about what a terrible mother I am, but it’s Thanksgiving, which is a time to be thankful and I have much to be thankful for!
In my daily prayers, I always mention how thankful I am for God’s patience and understanding as well as His love and support.  I am also so very thankful for the angels that watch over me every day and they have lots of patience and understanding too!
I am thankful for my daughters, and Cavan and my good friends Viv and Dawn.  I am also thankful for the family members that God has called home before me; notably, my mother, my brother Bruce and my father-in-law Paul, although there are many more that I don’t remember to name in my prayers.
I am thankful for my father and his partner Sally, all of my siblings, their spouses and children.  
I am also thankful for Cavan’s mother and his three brothers, their spouses and children.
I am thankful for my work, for Enbridge, for my colleagues and coworkers, for my pay and bonuses, raises and work benefits as well as my bosses.
I am thankful for being able to get out of bed in the morning.  Twenty-two years with MS and I am still managing--truly a blessing!
I am thankful for this house, our home, my cats, of course, and my eight year old car that still gets me into the city and home again.
And I am especially thankful for all of the little blessings that I know I don’t acknowledge, but get me through each and every day.
How can anyone not be thankful at Thanksgiving with so many blessings?

I pray that everyone takes the time over Thanksgiving to remember what they are thankful for!  May God bless you all with continued blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment