Monday 28 December 2015

Happy New Year!

As unbelievable as it seems, another Christmas is over and it is almost 2016!  It took me most of this year to get it into my head that it was 2015, but here we are, only days away from another new year.  I swear that the older I get the faster time goes by.
Christmas was nice, fairly quiet with only six of us here for dinner.  We spoiled each other with gifts and with my retirement package, I was allowed to be more generous than usual.  Next year, on a pension, it might be a bit of a different story.  We’ll see.
Boxing Day, we were at my Dad’s and there were 22 for dinner!  Quite the crowd, but a lovely visit.  I look forward to spending more time in Napanee in the new year, now that I am retired.  Mind you, Dad and Sally will be heading to Australia on January 2nd and won’t be back until mid February, so visits won’t likely start until the spring, although we have yet to see what winter has in store for us!
As to my retirement, to be completely honest, I don’t think I want to work anymore, except perhaps as a volunteer with seniors and to use the training I will get this year while becoming a deacon.  I have so many books to read, rooms and closets to organize, crafts to do!  Who has time to work? I also hope to be able to visit some people that I haven’t had the time to see.
I was pretty good this year.  I did connect by phone with folks I hadn’t been in contact with for some time.  Next year, perhaps I can actually go out and visit them!
So, a short blog today, to send out blessings to one and all for a wondrous and prosperous new year.  May you set and attain your goals this coming year!  God bless.Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment