Tuesday 29 November 2016

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Happy Tuesday morning! I actually typed Monday, but realized that I am really late getting a blog out this week.  Life seems to have become very busy.  Of course, some of that is because Christmas is coming and I have lots to do for that!
Yesterday, I spent on a crochet project. I had finished one on Sunday and began the final one that I absolutely have to get done and put into the mail, as it is a gift.  At least it is part of a gift. Crocheting is a dexterity challenge for me, but although it is a bit slow going, I am happy to say that I am getting the job done!  My first project was the Christmas tree skirt I made for my friend Viv, and I have done several projects between then and now.
Adding to my busyness, is the priest course, which requires a lot of reading.  I’m going through church history right now and it is truly very interesting.  Fortunately, this week, we don’t have a class and then we have only two more before Christmas and then have a break until mid January.  This should work out well, because I have a bunch of other stuff that needs to be done!  Everything seems to need to be done now.  Mind you, I put the wheels in motion myself, for some of it.
I have connected with Community Care Northumberland. Cobourg is in Northumberland County. (As a side bar, Cobourg is the biggest town in Northumberland, and we have no cities.) So, I have signed up for a few things with CC Northumberland. I signed up to be a friendly visitor (as opposed to a grumpy visitor?) and I am meeting my first visitee, Brian on Thursday.  It’s one hour a week, so I am going to take on one more visitee.
I also volunteered to be on the CC Northumberland advisory committee.  This is just a meeting every other month, so it isn’t much of a commitment.
Additionally, I have volunteered for hospice/palliative care visiting.  For this, I need training. The province offers this training and I took the first of 12 units.  The first took about an hour, but I am going to try to finish by the end of the year. The hospice and palliative care is where I see my ministry.  This is where I am hoping I can make a difference.  After over 30 years in IT, I want to do something that makes my heart happy.  I think this is it.
On top of all that, I need to get my house ready for Christmas.  The upstairs tree goes up today.  The rest will have to wait until I have the crochet project done AND, we are away this Friday, Saturday and Sunday for the St. Michael’s Choir School Christmas Concert.  Cavan will be singing with with the alumni choir. Then next week, Cavan has a new customer to meet with in Sudbury, so I’m going for the ride.  I can read, or crochet on the trip. After that, I think we are going to Ogdensburg to pick up some stuff in our mailbox there and somewhere in there, I think Viv and I will do a Christmas tree thing.
Every year for many years now, Viv and I have gone to the Gardner Museum for the Twelve Trees of Christmas.  In more recent years, the trees have become too artsy for us and last  year, some were not even trees.  It was very disappointing.  This year, I am going to try to get her to do to Port Hope, where they have a spectacular showing of decorated trees that I think she will enjoy. We’ll have to see if we can fit that in!
So, busy, busy, busy! It will make December go by very quickly, but things should slow down to a bit of a routine in the new year, I hope!
I pray that all of your endeavors are successful and that you have time to enjoy Christmas and not be to busy.  May God bless you and your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment