Saturday 17 December 2016

Merry Christmas!

Happy Saturday! This week, starting tomorrow, is another busy week--dinner at Cavan’s aunt and uncle’s place, time in the city visiting with my friend Viv, Cobourg Accessibility Advisory Committee Meeting, Cavan’s mom’s knee surgery and then a massage therapy appointment to work out the kinks from the week!  Then, of course, Saturday is Christmas Eve and that night my kids are coming.  Christmas Day will be at my dad’s and Boxing Day Victoria and Shavoy will be coming with their little one!  Whew!!  It’s a good thing all the decorating is done and gifts are wrapped!  Even the stocking stuffers are sorted!
So, below are pictures of my decorating.  It wore me out this year, but I’m happy with it.  You will see  that I spend time on Twitter for ideas….tree.jpg
I love this tree.  As soon as I walked into this house, I knew I had to buy it for the nine foot window that is perfect for a nine foot tree!25 trees of .jpg
The forest, as Cavan calls it, is in my rec room.  I had put up a few trees one year and Cavan commented on the forest.  That threw out the gauntlet of challenge, so now I put out all of my trees.  There are actually 25 here.  I don’t know if you can see them all or not, but it includes the Christmas tree night light.
The light fixture in the dining room, I think really needs to have the ornaments dangle lower, but they were Martha Stewart ornaments, so I just went with the ribbons they had this year.light.jpgwindow.jpg
The dining room window, I hung some ornaments on.  I was working on random lengths, but wasn’t as successful as I had hoped.kitchen.jpg
The kitchen idea I got from Twitter and would have done more cupboard doors, but I ran out of ribbon.  Next year. I think I will go with plain red velvet ribbon.
Then, I decorated the rail around the stairs.  I had the poinsettia string from years before, the string of little stockings from last year and then, from a Twitter idea, I added the presents.  I think it looks pretty good, although the poinsettia string doesn’t stay quite where I want it.  Oh well, I like it anyway.rail.jpg

So, have a merry Christmas everyone.  I don’t know if I will fit in a blog Christmas Eve or not, but I will try.  God bless!squeaks in a gift bag.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment