Saturday 11 November 2017

On the Road Again

Happy Saturday! It’s a beautiful sunny, but chilly day, here in the resort town of Cobourg.  The temperature is just below the freezing mark, but it is nice to see the sun!
Somehow, it has been three weeks since I last blogged, and I have been busy and, it seems, on the road a lot. The last blog, I see, was October 21st, and I know that the week after that was crazy busy and on the road a lot.
I had an appointment in Toronto on the Wednesday, so I drove in and back that same day. I had Thursday at home, but then Friday, I drove into Ottawa to visit with my cousin and sister. I drove back on the Saturday.  The Sunday, I was way too tired to drive, and Cavan drove us to Sudbury, where he had some work and I got to visit with some folks I know up there.
The plan was to stay in Sudbury until the Wednesday, and head home that day, but the best laid plans by mice and men… I don’t know what it is about Sudbury, but whenever Cavan does a server install, he hits the craziest issues and we did not arrive home until 11:30 Friday night! I was zonked! I guess that catching up on the blog did not even enter my mind as I got caught up on an entire week’s of tidying and two weeks of laundry, on Saturday, because Sunday, Cavan had to be in Toronto for choir practice and I had to be in the Niagara area for an ordination.  Then, because Cavan had a meeting the Monday morning with a customer in Toronto, we stayed overnight and finally got home Monday afternoon.
The rest of the week, at least until last night, the only travel was here around town. Last night we drove up to Peterborough to meet Red Green, and get books signed. So, today, is a resting day, and I have had a few this week, fortunately.
This coming week is pretty quiet, a few meetings, and my usual seniors visits, then the next week gets busy again!  The Wednesday I drive into Toronto for a luncheon and an appointment, driving home on the Thursday. The Friday, we head to Ottawa for family visits and the head home Saturday. And the Sunday, I have to be in Niagara for Synod and Cavan has choir practice in Toronto. At least we are back the same day! Then we are home until the Friday, when I have a pensioners Christmas luncheon and Cavan has dress rehearsal at Massey Hall. We will be staying downtown near Massey Hall, as the shows are at 3pm the Saturday and Sunday and then, we are home!
That should be the last of the major travelling for a while.  I will still get into Toronto to visit my friend Viv once a month and up to Ottawa once a month to visit my sister, as she continues her journey with Huntington’s. I pray that the weather is kind this winter, that I can safely manage the monthly trips.  Generally. I don’t have to drive there and return the same day.  I find that taxing, even with just driving into Toronto.
We will not be travelling for Christmas this year as Dad and Sally will be on a cruise.  I get to stay home and make food for my two daughters and their stepsister and family. That allows me to rest when I need too.  We haven’t yet decided where Cavan’s mom fits in, but we’ll figure it out!  Christmas is about family, but sometimes, family is exhausting for those of us with MS.  
Anyway, lots of travelling for a bit and then I get to stay mostly in town, as winter does it’s thing, which I pray won’t be too nasty for the times I have to venture beyond our little community.

May your travels be safe!  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment