Saturday 14 June 2014

Vacation

Today, I get to pack for my author week vacation!  I feel sad to leave Cavan behind, but Viv and I are going to have a fun week on a Caribbean cruise and get to meet two of our favorite authors this week!
This weekend is also Father’s Day weekend and my niece’s birthday!  I am very blessed to still have my father.  He will be 85 later this year and is still very active.  Last year, in addition to multiple trips to places like Rama, Niagara Falls and Windsor, he was in South Africa, Hong Kong and Australia!  I can’t keep up!
My niece will be 13 on Sunday!  I cannot believe that so much time has passed!  I remember the day she was born.  What a darling and a very clever girl, with a great singing voice.  She has many opportunities ahead of her, because of her talents.
I would be remiss if I didn't also mention my youngest daughter’s birthday, which was Thursday of this past week.  She is now 22!  Wow, my baby is a grown woman, going to Ryerson University, working at Holt Renfrew.  She is also a very bright woman with lots ahead of her and despite the challenges of dyslexia, and the struggles involved, she is one of the brightest people I know.  She will go far and I am very proud of what she is accomplishing.
So, as I pack, it is with swirling memories of other events around this time.  Of course the fact that 2014 is almost half over hasn't been lost on me.  Can you believe it?  I too, have accomplished much this year.  My fourth book will be out soon!  I make apologies often for it being self published, but I see the accomplishment in the writing of the books and putting them out there to the world.

So, back to my packing and preparing to leave my work, friends and family behind for a few days to focus on the literary world!  Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment