Sunday 2 August 2015

Go with the Flow

Another glorious Sunday morning!  I just wish I could shake this chronic fatigue because I just don’t feel like doing much of anything.  I started reading, but I just feel like I’m going to doze off.  I did indulge in a nap yesterday, but it doesn’t seem to have helped.  Ah well, time to fight through.  This is even my day away from my daily exercise.  Perhaps I would feel better if I did do at least some exercise!
I am managing to fight through the urge to rest most of the time.  The fact that I can still be upright after living with MS for over 20 years tells me something.  It tells me that a positive attitude and fighting through the fatigue has, for the most part, worked for me.  I know that it doesn’t work for everyone.  I am very blessed.
I realized the other day that not only am I very blessed, but I am happy.  Not everyone has that, I know.   That isn’t to say that life is perfect.  No-one’s life is perfect, but being happy in the moment and understanding that you are where you are meant to be and are content with that, brings happiness.  Now, if I could just get my finances under control.  Oh yes, back to contentment…
Here we are at the beginning of August--more than half way through the year.  I still can’t get used to the fact that it is 2015, much less that we are half way through the year. Every year brings something a bit different, and gee, they seem to fly by so quickly.  I do still long for retirement, I must say, but I have figured out that I need to be in a better financial place to be comfortable retiring.  I just need the MS to cooperate and we’re good.
I also need to find a new level of patience at work. I am working in an area that scares me.  My kids will tell you that I like to believe in rainbows and unicorns.  I believe the best in people.  So, working where I have to be worried about cyber security doesn’t exactly align with that.  But it does pay well.  So, I shall hang in there a bit longer and, hopefully, manage to make a reasonable contribution while I’m there.
So, I seem to have wandered through this blog today, not really having a point I suppose, but it’s that kind of day.  It’s a beautiful Sunday, a day of rest and reflection.  It isn’t meant to be a day for major work.  So, I shall just go with the flow.
God bless everyone and I pray that you find your flow……….

No comments:

Post a Comment