Saturday 29 November 2014

Christmas is Coming!

I love this time of year!  The Christmas tree, the lights, shopping for that special thing you think that someone will really enjoy.  Unfortunately, it is always accompanied by the worry about money, of course, but I know that things will always work out okay.
Believe it or not, I'm actually a bit ahead of the game.  I have my Christmas cards all ready to write (that’s today’s job!) and even my newsletter written.  Yes, I do a newsletter.  I must confess that for some years, when I was younger, I thought of them as annual brag notes, detailing all the great things folks were doing, but then I came to look forward to them every year to catch up with everything.
Life is just too busy!  If we can’t take the time to get together, at least we can hear about what a great year folks have had and enjoy reading of the achievements of everyone.  It’s kind of sad, and yet enjoyable at the same time.  Unfortunately, we sometimes only hear of the passing of someone we cared about, but never seemed to find the time to visit through the year.  Where does the time go?
On a lighter note, we begin to make plans for the coming year.  Can you believe that 2015 is just around the corner?  It seems crazy, but it seems like every year goes by faster than the last.  Or does it just seem that way, as you get older?
I remember the worry about the whole year 2000 thing.  I was on a big project at work for it.  And yet, here we are 15 years later and it was a mere memory of a year at work.

Before I finish my blog for this week, I have to comment on the passing years and the pride I have in my children.  They have accomplished a lot with their own challenges and I couldn't be prouder of them as young adults, contributing members of society, living on their own.  I can’t imagine anything more satisfying than the pride one has in their children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment