Saturday 8 November 2014

Let the Children Come to Me

People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them.  When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.  I tell you the truth; anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."  And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.  Mark 10 13-16  NIV
I believe that it is with the little children that we must start.  Children are not born with prejudice or bias or hatred.  It is because of this that I wrote my stories to tell children of God and Jesus.
I will be the first to say that there are passages in the Bible that are not all unicorns and rainbows as my daughter likes to say.  But the message is clear.  Treat others as you would like to be treated. Love and serve God, because it is in doing that, that we love each other and treat each other as we should.
In my prayers, I ask for world peace, no pain and no hunger.  It is through loving each other that we can attain world peace and no hunger.  No pain can be partially attained the same way, but there still remains pain through disease, unfortunately.
Can we not all, like Jesus, reach out to the children of the world that they may be raised by kind and compassionate people that their world might be better than ours?
It does not matter if we feel we resonate best with Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Shinto or any of the other many religions of our diversified world.  The basis of all major religions speaks of the kindness, compassion and love of our Creator.  Let us all honor that Creator with our own kindness, compassion and love and pass it on to the little children.
The stories that I wrote show the kindness, compassion and love of our Creator’s creatures.  The stories are based on stories from the Old and New Testaments.  These documents are the basis that my own teachings rely on and I believe that we can reach the children beginning with these stories.

Please begin here:  AnimalsoftheBible.com to reach your own children.

No comments:

Post a Comment